Storytelling videos are an effective marketing tool because they use an easily accessible and highly engaging video format to share a story about an organization, company, or product. These stories will create brand awareness and encourage loyalty in customers. Instead of a sales pitch, they pull in viewers with a narrative that is relatable and emotionally engaging. Here are 5 tips for creating memorable storytelling videos.
- Identify Your Audience and Message. Understanding who you want to target and what information you want to share will help you create defined characters and a memorable plot. If you define your message first, it will be easier to communicate it through video.
- Create Focus. Our brains shut down when we are quickly given too much information or have too many details swirling around us. Keeping your videos simple and focused will help engage your viewers and ensure your purpose is clear.
- Emotion Is Key. Determine the emotion that you want your video to portray. Emotions will help your viewers connect with your story. You can communicate this emotion through various aspects of your video: lighting, props, music, characters, and especially the storyline.
- Create Relatable Characters. It is important that your viewers see pieces of themselves in your characters. If they can’t relate to the characters, that will discourage your viewers from making a connection with your message and make your video less memorable.
- Hire a Video Production Company. Not only can your video bring awareness to your organization, but it also can affect your brand reputation. Choose a professional who shares your style and can help you reach your goals. A video production company will work with you through every step of the process, from development and storyboarding through production and editing, to give you the finished product that you desire.
If you are looking to connect to your audience and create conversations, then storytelling videos are a great option for you. If you are interested in creating memorable storytelling videos, give us a call at Picnic Table Video Productions. We excel in the art of viewer engagement and have an easy and streamlined process to create a storytelling video for you.